If you are experiencing some problems with your toilet, it is simple to conclude that the toilet should be fixed. Despite your toilet appearing to function adequately, there are some factors that might help you to determine when to get your toilet fixed. Here are some common issues that one might encounter:
• No water after flushing – The toilet’s tank may fail to refill only when its fill valve fails to function. This valve should be fixed, and you should ensure that you have the right one & fit it the correct manner. In many cases, unless one has experience in troubleshooting toilets, they should have a plumber fix this issue. After the plumber finishes, one can be confident that their toilet is going to empty & refill reliably.
• Leakages – Despite where the leaks happen in the house, they will always be unpleasant, and at the extreme signify potential risk. Disaster’ and toilet’ generally don’t mix all that well, when you suspect your toilet having a leak, either externally or internally, you do not require checking it out immediately. The external leak is easy to check – is the toilet dripping? If yes, then your toilet has an external leak. To diagnose for the internal leak, listen for some hissing noise once the toilet is not in use. When you hear it, simply use food coloring & squirt enough of it to be noticed in your toilet’s water tank. Later wait for around ten minutes to check your toilet’s bowl. If that coloring moves in then that is an internal leak.
• Scratches – Once the surface of your toilet porcelain becomes worn or even scratched it is going to become more difficult to keep it clean. This often is the case when an older toilet which has been cleaned by scrubbing several times. When you get yourself cleaning your toilet more often, then it may be time to simply purchase a new one & avoid running into problems as well as saving your cash.
• Recurring clogs – Is your toilet becoming a nuisance since it needs plunging more often? Many old flush toilets need more than one flush mostly. They are similarly plagued with regular stoppages. It’s not good to plunge your toilet regularly. In case this comes as an aggravation for you, then you should fix the toilet.
• Porcelain cracks – There are occasions when a hairline crack develops in your toilet’s tank or bowl. The tiny cracks may turn into a water flood at the extreme time. Porcelain cracks may similarly be the origin of active leaks. Ensure that you inspect your toilet’s tank for any crack regularly when cleaning the toilet. In case you notice a crack, you are advised to fix the toilet to prevent it from breaking completely. In case this crack is found in your toilet’s bowl, fixing the toilet is not that urgent, but ensure there are no leakages when you flush. If a crack goes unnoticed it may ruin your floor as time goes by.
You should carefully check for the insignificant issues with the toilet as well as the more obvious issues in case you feel that something is not right. The quicker your toilet is fixed, the less cash you will waste.
For more information, contact Vinny’s Jersey Plumbing, located in Wayne, New Jersey. We also service other towns in New Jersey, such as Montclair, Roseland and Cedar Grove.